Thursday, March 4, 2010

hi...the beginning !


From as long as I can remember, my early childhood memories are of me helping my mother bake my birthday cake, biscuits etc. All I ever wanted to be was a Chef and by the time I was in my teens I was passionate about food. Growing up in a non-metro city where ingredients were not easy to come by and the age when there was no internet and the only way one could learn was from a few cookery books and some odd cooking show on Doordarshan, thank god for my mothers collection of Womens Weekly and Woman and Home magazines which opened up a world of food which I knew very little about. That was the beginning.

Baking was something which came naturally to me, having seen my mother do it all my life. I was always trying new recipes and as a result I was called by neighbours to do their children’s birthday cakes that was more than two decades ago. I followed my heart and joined Hotel Management. Even there my focus hadn’t changed and I chose to specialize in the bakery.

Many years have since passed by but I still held on to my dream of having my own bakery. There were ofcourse friends and colleagues who gave me enormous encouragement. Then about 2 months ago I decided to take the plunge . Ofcourse I must mention that the name, which is very special to me was given by a dear friend, Jojo, as Ipshita’s and my son decided to add cakes mamma bakes. So there it was……Ipshita’s cakes mamma bakes.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ipshi

    Having been deprived of the pleasure of tasting your delicious bakes (and having it been bragged about endlessly by people who have, especially a certain Mr T Bose), all I had to drool over were the gorgeous pics, and now your equally delightful writing. I've tasted your cooking, and remember how much I loved it, and now can't wait to savour one of your famous cakes! I think Delhi beckons again:) Chaliye ja, girl....may your home always be filled with the richness and warmth of good things baking and old friends meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you click the pics yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you..if this is what will get you to Delhi again then you shall have the works laid out for you...that's a promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visting the blog. No i didn't take the pictures, my husband did.

    ReplyDelete