Sunday, August 1, 2010

Where's your sense of adventure?





It’s been a while…..the holidays went like a flash! Much as I thought that Delhi would flock to the hills during the summer I was pleasantly surprised! Though there were plenty of orders there wasn’t variety. It is always making the safe choice so I ended up making loads and loads of the tried and tested flavours mainly chocolate, though I must confess there were a few who were adventurous enough to tread the not so tested path!. Why is it that we are not open to trying new flavours ? This is something that intrigues me..



Its not just about cakes it’s about food. I think gastronomically people can be classified into 2 categories: the adventurous type and the safe bet type. Some people are happy to eat their regular meals everyday, almost like a daily routine which has to be done as part of their existence. It doesn’t matter what is put in front of them as long as it’s edible. These are the tried and tested safe bet types. Then there is the other type….for whom eating food is like a ritual…infact as someone who loves to cook, its a pleasure to see them relishing every morsel!

So are you set to try out all the new flavours/ textures?

9 comments:

  1. Hey Cakes Mama...I relish food and shall order from you right this week! And as for my opinion, I completely agree with you, you've got to live to eat! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanx misty! @Revati...i had to write about it bcoz this is what i've observed in the last couple of months.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmyyy mummmyy :) need to order soon, i'll be calling you this week need to chat... super inspiring and fantastic

    lots of love neha d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ipshita
    Being in the same trade I totally agree with your observation about the 2 types of people. Having been trying to educate our patrons in Kolkata about the vastness of global cuisine over the past 25 years I agree its great to cater to the adventurous crowd & seeing them appreciate ones efforts!
    All the best for your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Neha..you can call me anytime :)
    @taajas...thank you, in my very small endeavour i noticed this...i think specially when it comes to cakes and desserts we are so used to dollops of cream and loads of chocolates that we at times miss out on the finer nuances of texture and flavour...but the shapes arent so that's always very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooooooh your creations are heavenly...Wish I was in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your blog, how very nice to have people baking in India despite the lack of ingredients! When I was in Bombay, it was so hard to fins so much stuff. But it's gotten better over the last two years, almost as if the city was waiting for me to leave...lol. Lovely blog, wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much...its better but still not quite there....i import all my colours and something as basic as the liners for the cupcakes...they dont make cupcake liners like you would find at a Wilton store and the tools are still difficult to come by...guess if you have the passion you find ways to fulfill them :)

    ReplyDelete